The Resource Freakonomics : a rogue economist explores the hidden side of everything
- Freakonomics : a rogue economist explores the hidden side of everything
- Title remainder
- a rogue economist explores the hidden side of everything
- Statement of responsibility
- Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
- Which is more dangerous, a gun or a swimming pool? What do schoolteachers and sumo wrestlers have in common? Why do drug dealers still live with their moms? How much do parents really matter? What kind of impact did Roe v. Wade have on violent crime? These may not sound like typical questions for an economist to ask - but [one of the authors of this book] is not a typical economist. He studies the stuff and riddles of everyday life - from cheating and crime to sports and child rearing - and his conclusions regularly turn the conventional wisdom on its head. The authors show that economics is, at root, the study of incentives - how people get what they want, or need, especially when other people want or need the same thing. In this book, they set out to explore the hidden side of everything. If morality represents how we would like the world to work, then economics represents how it actually does work
- Book Sense Book of the Year Nonfiction, 2006.
- Quill Book Award for Business, 2005.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2005
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- L479 2005
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Freakonomics : a rogue economist explores the hidden side of everything
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Freakonomics : a rogue economist explores the hidden side of everything
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coatesvillectpl.lib.in.us/resource/Uk1nL_lLeaM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coatesvillectpl.lib.in.us/resource/Uk1nL_lLeaM/">Freakonomics : a rogue economist explores the hidden side of everything</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.coatesvillectpl.lib.in.us/#CVPL"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coatesvillectpl.lib.in.us/">Coatesville-Clay Township Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Coatesville-Clay Township Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...