The Resource The known world
- The known world
- Statement of responsibility
- Edward P. Jones
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueAfrican American plantation owners
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueFugitive slaves
- trueVirginia -- Social conditions -- 19th century
- trueAfrican American fiction
- truePlantation life
- trueFreed slaves
- trueAfrican American slaveholders
- Virginia -- Fiction
- Slavery -- Fiction
- trueAntebellum America (1820-1861) -- 1820 -- 1861
- Plantation life -- Fiction
- Slaves -- Fiction
- trueHusband and wife
- African American plantation owners -- Fiction
- trueMen with disfigurements
- African American slaveholders -- Fiction
- Historical fiction
- trueWomen with disabilities
- trueAfrican Americans
- Historical fiction
- Henry Townsend, a African farmer and former slave, is befriended by the most powerful man in antebellum Virginia's Manchester County and becomes proprietor of his own plantation, as well as of his own slaves
- ALA Notable Book, 2004.
- BCALA Literary Award for First Novelist, 2004.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2003.
- International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award, 2005.
- National Book Critics Circle Award for Fiction, 2003.
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, 2004.
- YALSA Outstanding Book for the College Bound, 2009.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- K58 2004
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The known world
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The known world
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coatesvillectpl.lib.in.us/resource/dd6pqC_SsrQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coatesvillectpl.lib.in.us/resource/dd6pqC_SsrQ/">The known world</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coatesvillectpl.lib.in.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coatesvillectpl.lib.in.us/">Coatesville-Clay Township Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>